Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First day of rehearsals

Well last night we decided not to drive to the hotel & stay home, to get up early and go directly to the Rehearsal Studio.
We are still tired from last month on the Star, so while watching TV at 8:30pm we both fell asleep on the couch, Good lets head to bed, that will give us plenty of hrs of sleep before our early call.
NOPE! once I moved to bed, I started thinking about the many music cues, steps & choreography we need to get right in a few hrs.. and then the nerves kicked in.. I am now officially WIDE AWAKE!
at 2 am I got tired of starring at the ceiling, so I went out and watched some tv for a few hrs, only to realize I now have only a few hrs left before I need to wake.. so I force my self to go back to bed..
Still Mad that im not tired anymore..
We got up at 5:00am (augh still dark) sleep walked into the shower and tried to wake up (I hate mornings!) we head off to Tampa, FL around 6am to arrive a bit early, as I had anticipated traffic which didn't exist on the back roads, so a quick stop for a Cracker Barrel Coffee and were back to head into the studio at 8am.
We arrive to find many friendly faces from the previous meetings greeting us hello.
we quickly got down to business and started discussing the illusions..
First Illusion of the day was one of my favorites.. "Eclipse" originally created by Kalin & Ginger.= better known as "Circle of Fire" the Eclipse is a different Illusion but uses the same method and prop.
The Eclipse we find to be much larger here then on the Star, but a few modifications in our timing and we seem to have it figured it out.. Daniela try's the Illusion one time to check the mechanics of it.. and it goes perfect..!
Music starts and we went thru the full routine.. I need to polish some of my music cues as i am not 100% on some of the cues.. but all is well no missing fingers or blood so thats an improvement over my first days with this beautiful prop! LOL

We then head to my appearance illusion.. (which is a nicely done illusion but gives me the most bruises out of everything we do! LOL) but nothing compared to Daniela's Bruises which out does me 10 to 1 which she reminds me of on a daily basis.. !

At 10am we got to meet the cast for the first time.. and I remember having all of them introduce their names one by one.. thinking to myself halfway thru.. "there is no way im going to remember all these names!" but from what I have seen the dance sections look really good and the cast seems like a strong good looking young cast, which only makes me feel OLD!
I remember the days I was the youngest person on stage.. and now I feel like im the oldest! How did that happen?

Anyway I look forward to getting to know them all as we will be working closely together over the next 6 1/2 months..

It's an exciting time.. a time we can all look back after it's all done and say "Remember when?" :)
I was so proud of my wife as she managed to do all her chorey nearly perfect and I am most proud of her performing the Levitation which is a very difficult trick and she did great.. I am so lucky to have her by my side.. (making me look good) Which she also reminds me of on a daily basis! LOL

The NCL production team told us after the day was over that our routines went very well and we were ahead of schedule, we had been rehearsing on our own time with the props on board the Star usually at night when the theater was closed.. so it looks like those late nights payed off. :)

Well now im off to bed because I am getting sore & tired..
I look forward to finishing Fire Spiker & Staring Windsheer soon..
More to come :)

--Justino Zoppe
www.ExtremeVegas.Biz
www.Facebook.com/ExtremeVegas



No comments:

Post a Comment